We are encouraging all members to adopt the Devon Chamber business charter. Our 10 point charter covers all areas of business, from professional standards to communications and environmental commitments.
The Charter says that Chamber directors and member organisations will seek to:
- Have a clearly defined aim and purpose, supported by a business plan which covers the principle objectives and activities of their business.
- Utilise local procurement systems wherever possible to support the local economy.
- Exemplify the highest standards of professional behaviour and performance.
- Understand the needs of its staff and develop their potential to the greatest extent within the constraints of commercial considerations.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, openly and promptly with staff, suppliers, customers and stakeholders.
- Have appropriate systems and procedures in place to enable stakeholders to have confidence in the integrity of decision making within the organisation.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with third-parties on the basis of mutual confidence and trust.
- Consistently abide by the terms and conditions of legal and financial agreements entered into with third parties.
- Act responsibly in respect of safeguarding all confidential information that comes into its possession.
- Embrace opportunities to innovate, grow and develop its business and its relationship with the wider community.
- Respect the natural environment and conserve resources wherever possible.
The aim of this charter is to help our members focus on how they behave as a business. Many of our members already operate along similar lines to these, but by following the Chamber Charter you can give your customers confidence, telling them that your business operates under this code.
Chamber Mentoring Service
events and training
Food for thought (...literally). Sorry this event is now Full
Sorry this event is now full. If you would like to be on a waiting list for this event please do contact the chamber via Nick@devonchamber.co.uk Free lunch and a...
Plymouth City Council's 2018/19 Budget - Engagement with the Business Sector
Join Plymouth City Council as they engage with the Business Sector to discuss their 2018/19 Budget. Tea/ Coffee will be provided. Date: Thursday 28th September Time: 08:30-10:30Venue: Council ChamberCost: FREE TO ATTEND
Business Visit: ABP Teignmouth
Join us for this exclusive tour of the busiest port in Devon. This exclusive tour of Teignmouth port, with give members of Devon Chamber of Commerce the opportunity to explore...