We are encouraging all members to adopt the Devon Chamber business charter. Our 10 point charter covers all areas of business, from professional standards to communications and environmental commitments.
The Charter says that Chamber directors and member organisations will seek to:
- Have a clearly defined aim and purpose, supported by a business plan which covers the principle objectives and activities of their business.
- Utilise local procurement systems wherever possible to support the local economy.
- Exemplify the highest standards of professional behaviour and performance.
- Understand the needs of its staff and develop their potential to the greatest extent within the constraints of commercial considerations.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, openly and promptly with staff, suppliers, customers and stakeholders.
- Have appropriate systems and procedures in place to enable stakeholders to have confidence in the integrity of decision making within the organisation.
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with third-parties on the basis of mutual confidence and trust.
- Consistently abide by the terms and conditions of legal and financial agreements entered into with third parties.
- Act responsibly in respect of safeguarding all confidential information that comes into its possession.
- Embrace opportunities to innovate, grow and develop its business and its relationship with the wider community.
- Respect the natural environment and conserve resources wherever possible.
The aim of this charter is to help our members focus on how they behave as a business. Many of our members already operate along similar lines to these, but by following the Chamber Charter you can give your customers confidence, telling them that your business operates under this code.
Chamber Mentoring Service
events and training
LEP Conversations - The Proposed Productivity Strategy.
LEP Conversations - The Proposed Productivity Strategy.We hope that you can join the LEP on Monday 20th November for a workshop about the proposed Productivity Strategy for the HotSW...
Meet The Chamber: in partnership with Exeter Chamber of Commerce, Sorry now sold out!
Sorry this event is now full. Join us for a FREE networking event brought to you by partners Devon Chamber of Commerce and...
Christmas Jingle Meet the Chamber - With Kingsbridge & Salcombe Chamber
Join us for our FREE networking event, Meet The Chamber. The KSCC and Devon Chamber This Festive networking event is being held in conjunction with Kingsbridge and Salcombe Chambers of...