Work with us
Would you like to work with us at Devon Chamber of Commerce?
See our current vacancies below:
Hours: 37.5 hours per week worked over 5 days Monday - Friday but a flexible approach to hours will be required as there will be some out of hours work
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 p/a depending on experience
Devon Chamber of Commerce is recruiting for a International Trade Manager to manage the International Trade Service providing a full documentation service, International Trade advice alongside a training and events function which includes the Devon International Trade Forum.
Requirements of the role
Reporting to the Head of Operations the successful applicant will be required to:
- The post holder will be responsible for organising and delivering documentation services, five days a week.
- The post holder will be reactive to businesses contacting the Chamber to provide them with documents.
- The post holder will need to be pro-active and resourceful in keeping in touch with customers who utilise the Chamber's services and any others that can potentially refer documentation customers, such as DIT advisers.
- The post holder will be responsible to organise training for exporters and therefore it will be the post holder responsibility to identify member needs, source potential training venues and trainers to deliver it.
- The post holder will be responsible for the delivery Devon International Trade Forum and the platform of events associated with this group.
- The post holder will ensure data is collected from the membership, covering markets, sectors and value of documentation to assist with the delivery of a Quarterly Economic report feeding into the BCC.
- The post holder should have some experience and knowledge gained in either an export department of an agency/company providing International Trade Services and qualified to diploma level.
- The post holder needs to be well organised, industrious and will need to have good administrative and organisational skills.
- The post holder would ideally have experience of administering export documentation however training will be provided for the right candidate if this criteria isn’t met.
To apply for this vacancy please apply in writing with a cover letter and a copy of your CV direct to Suzi Cumberland, Head of Operations firstname.lastname@example.org.
events and training
Devon Chamber Spring Dinner
Devon Chamber’s Spring Dinner will bring together a wide range of businesses for an evening of black tie networking, including an arrival drink, a four course dinner with wine and...
MVV Energy from Waste Plant - Business Visit
Join us for a Business Visit to the MVV Energy from Waste Plant at Devonport MVV operates a higly modern and efficient Energy from...
De-regulation in the Water Industry
Join South West Water Business to learn "How the Changes in the Water Industry can really benefit your business” Get updated over this...