Quarterly Economic Survey
Each quarter, we encourage our members to participate in British Chambers of Commerce Quarterly Economic Survey, one of Britain’s most influential private business surveys.
Each survey helps us establish and identify the needs and concerns of our members as well as provide invaluable intelligence for national attention at the highest level. Being a Chamber member means you’re part of something bigger and gives you the opportunity via your feedback to shape our economic future.
- Is Britain’s biggest and longest-running, private business survey
- Has provided consistent data since 1989 and regularly receives more than 7,000 business responses
- Is seen as a leading indicator – often picking up big changes in the economy long before other surveys or official statistics
- Is used by the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee, as one of its key benchmarks when setting interest rates
- HM Treasury and the independent Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) use it to put together their forecasts for the UK’s economic performance
- The European Commission uses it to assess the health of the UK economy when it makes policy recommendations for both Westminster and Brussels
- The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) use it when comparing the UK to worldwide competitors
- See the findings of the latest QES here
- Complete the survey here.